17 November 2008

Beaver, boot, Colorado River



I drove north towards Steamboat Springs today, but I never made it. Instead I turned off on a dirt road that was named: Colorado River Drive. It was about 40 miles long and full of spectacular river scenes.



I would like to know the story behind this boot, which was positioned on a fence post about a billion miles from anywhere.



I took a walk along the river, and the streams feeding into it, and I saw a lot of beaver dams. Then I saw this guy crossing from the dam pool into the stream below. It was really cold outside and he looked as happy as, well I guess as happy as a beaver in the mountains.




This is where I first spotted this guy, swimming, looking at me.

1 comment:

My Life said...

Sean,

Great photos .. I love the ones of the beaver, heron/geese and antelope .. amazing! .. not to mention the scenery .. you are SO fortunate.

Amy -