20 November 2008

deer, Garden of God Park



This young buck decided to run, run right in front of me and he would not leave the road. I did not throw a stick, I did not scream, but I did eventually honk the horn. I must say he was moving along at a very good clip.



This is the young stud eyeballing me from the woods on the side of the road before he decided to bolt in front of me and the chase was on.



Garden of God is a park in Colorado Springs that was donated to the city on the condition that they never build there. So far, so good, and it sure seems worth it.



Something about camels looking like rocks. This is a photo of an outcrop called "Camels Kissing"


I thought this balanced rock (and it is called Balanced Rock) was awesome enough then I saw this person approaching it and it became, I think, even more impressive.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Who knew there were so many rocks shaped like camels? Or perhaps you are just seeking out those in particular? This makes three (if you count both in the kissing picture).