12 November 2008

Gila Hot Springs



There is something awesome about looking out of your tent and seeing mountain bluffs.



In my extremely limited experience I don't know how much better life gets. This spring was so hot that the water coming down the wood shoot could make tea. I soaked in this spring a dozen times, through the cold night (10 degrees) and first thing in the morning. There is no god way to wear clothing in a spring, I think. As I was lounging here in early evening a couple approached the spring. I am fairly modest, ok I am somewhat modest, ok I know how to spell modest, but still it was awkward for a minute as they shed their clothes and waded into the spring.



It is certainly that time of the year. The deer are moving, young and old, across roads.




Great campsite, hot spring 25 feet away, Gila River 20 feet away, and a treat of chocolate chip cookies.




And, unlike the dog on the highway, this visitor to my camp was rewarded.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope that water you are spitting is free of bacteria from those other nkd bodies that have been in there before you?? ... ;)