19 November 2008

Big Horn Sheep, avalanches, rivers, moon



This is the Gunnison River where I was looking for snakes and/or fish. I saw neither, but I did get my shoes wet.



McClure Pass, the only one that was open. The sun was very bright, as was the half moon. Colorado is a beautiful state.



I saw these bighorn sheep from a distance and was determined to stop.



The problem with stopping to see the sheep was that it was on the highway on a stretch where there was no side of the road. I stopped anyway and, quite deservedly, incurred the wrath of a trucker and his truck that almost pulverized me. He honked his horn and gave me the road salute, but I got to see the sheep.



And the only way to get a picture of this sign, which I liked, was to park where it said no parking anytime.

No comments: