18 November 2008

Walking Vail Village



And this is a picture of my neighbor friends from 40 some years ago that I have on my computer and have been dying to add to this comet journal. Hah, I can now check that off.



This is one of the 3 forms of wildlife I saw in Vail today, good old Cat tails.



The crows in Vail seem very healthy and I propose that they maintain this health based on a steady diet of McRoadkill.

Today I jogged, walked, well slogged mainly, I contend, because I could not get used to the altitude but it was beautiful and sunny and I stayed out all day getting vitamin D.

2 of the 3 forms of wildlife I saw are pictured above. The third is was an incredible frenzy of activity by humans who are getting ready, cleaning every shop window and sidewalk, putting final touches on every chair lift and grooming slopes (there is snow on the mountain) as they prepare to officially open on Nov. 21. I suspect that on that day there will be a much bigger and different kind of crowd, but wow, they are really getting the place ready. My comet radar tells me I should head south towards SuperVan recovery before the place opens for business.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is it my imagination? or is the sky much more blue in Colorado?