03 November 2008

Check Point, Montrose Colorado


Montrose CO is a wonderful town that provides a lot of the support service for the Telluride Ski Resort. This is one of the good people of Montrose whose name is Savannah.

As I had some time here to look around, I liked it more and more. There is a great running/biking trail along the Uncompahgre River where one can stroll while waiting for car decisions.




Faster than I could actually believe Nationwide Ins. had me in a rental car to use for the day, or the week, or something.



First hotel I have spent two nights in for the whole voyage. The staff, Fox, Erin, Denay and Jenn, have been most gracious as I plopped in from the road with a van full of goods.


This notice was dated 2002. It needs to be updated.



In downtown Montrose, in front of the library, stands this piece of "art" a guy getting shot out of a cannon. It is for sale for $9,000.

Just for the fun of keeping a journal I noted the calls/contacts I made since contacting the poor deer. With the great karma of the comet this all happened over 3 hours on Monday morning.

1. John Billings - grammy dude who helped me first night

2. Ridgway Deputy Marshall -- Allan

3. AAA Always Towing driver -- Derek

4. Holiday Inn Express -- Deneta, Fox, Erin, Jenn

5. Nationwide Agent Randy

6. Montrose Memorial Hospital (agent Randy insisted I go since no airbag deployed) ER Nurse Vanessa, Xray guy Brian and ER MD Douglas -- who claimed that other than some bruises and interesting long term compression damage from, apparently, some sport/rugby type activity, my neck and spine were superman steel

7. Bill Jacobs Chevrolet in Chicago where I bought the van -- Scott

8. Nationwide Claims Agent -- Lisa

9. Nationwide Medical Claims Agent -- Natasha

10. Nationwide/Allied Insurance Rockies Region Agent -- Sherri

11. Nationwide Adjustor/Estimator -- Glen

12. D & G Towing -- Rick

13. Montrose Autobody -- Clarise

14. Enterprise Car Rental -- John and Rick

15. Turner Chevrolet -- Service Manager

No comments: