16 November 2008

Vail



Relaxing at Steve's cabin it occurred to me that just about all of the material things I care about are with me. I sat on the couch tonight, relaxing and watching football, secure in my never-left-behind "Grandma Sophie" blanket, so named because it was given to me by my Grandma Sophie many, many, many years ago after she used it for many, many years before that. It is old, starting to wear, but ever still so comforting and comfortable.



And then the whole comet journey almost came to a halt when I thought I had lost my superman hat. This old gondola car is behind Steve's cabin and I was playing around in the trout stream in the background yesterday, and I put the hat somewhere that I would not forget it. Of course I forgot it and spent 1 hour this morning tracking it down. It was exactly where I put it so I photographed the moment, trivial as it was, but not to me.




Some times, lots of times, it is good to kick back in not a tent, not a campground, not a van, not a car, but in an incredibly cozy warm cabin watching Sunday night football. Works for me.



Though the lifts are not officially open yet, there were quite a few diehards walking up the slopes with boards and sticks for some early season riding. Me, I chose a bicycle and the 16 miles of trails that weave through Vail. This is Bahn Eagle Gondola lift.

Vail was a great stop as I knew it would be. Friends are good people. I wrote that down.

2 comments:

stephenmakesart said...

I love the pics, great job!

Anonymous said...

Did you find any of the bodies Steve has buried behind his cabin?

Squish