15 November 2008

sunrise, more signs, new address



I have no idea how this photo will turn out on film, but seeing the sunrise in the Rockies is mystical.



Two of my favorite themes....taking pictures of shadows and following the comet.



This sign was in Great Dunes, CO and this time I chose to believe it and turn around. This little MalibuRental has been loyal and I will not test its limits further.



Dear Postmaster General: Please note my new and permanent address. Please forward mail to Tennessee Pass, Rocky Mountains. With a few more days of good weather before the real winter sets in I should be able to get the roof in fairly good repair. Plenty of firewood, water from melted snow. All are welcome to visit.....PLENTY of space.



The route I took towards Vail took me through Leadville CO which claims to be the highest city in the United States at 10,200. A great little town and it appears that the road passes to the town will be covered with snow and closed for the winter very shortly. It did not seem to bother the folks of Leadville at all. Thanks to friend Steve F. for continuing to feed me very, very off the main road routes. This afternoon, 11/15/08, I am heading to Vail to crash as Steve's digs for a few days, laundry, bed, some heat.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leadville is home to the second toughest ultramarathon in the U.S. It is 100 miles and has the largest change in elevation of any run. The only run that is harder is the one through Death Valley . . . or so they say.

Andrae

Anonymous said...

Where did you get the giant bottle of Mrs. Butterworth's syrup for the shadow?

Anonymous said...

I see a bunch of comedians read your blog! ... ;) You do seem hooked on the hot springs .. great photos!