21 November 2008

wind, cows, geese



This was a charming house, on a lovely street in a small town in Kansas. For the entire drive of this day the wind was blowing steady and strong carrying with it dust and tumble weeds. It made me think that this nice house was probably painted fresh within the last year and that the dustblasting wind had just sanded it down that quick.




I saw these geese several miles off as they were cruising along US 50 in Kansas, which is the Santa Fe Trail. Then I saw them starting to land. I don't know what was in this particular cornfield of pond by the came in, by the billions I estimate, and they were loud enough that I could hear not only the honking but the fury of wind created by their wings. It was cool.



What else would one call the Best Western in any rural town in Kansas. There are so many cows. I did not stay at this place, but I could not help taking a picture.



And when cows play King of The Hill, the hills seems to be cow manure. What a kingdom.

No comments: