14 November 2008

Ojo Calinete and Northen New Mexico



I am still not certain if these are deer or antelope, but there are a lot of them and I pull over each time there is a herd.



I am really getting used to these ravens (crows) traveling along with me. They are good companions and don't expect anything but a little road kill now and again.



I do enjoy the artwork in these signs and I wonder if a guy actually jumped off of this cliff to pose for the picture.




Heading north towards Colorado I am reminded that the big, snow capped Rockies are ahead.

I spent the day today, November 14, at Ojo Caliente in Northen New Mexico. It is a collection of mineral springs (lithium, iron, soda, arsenic) in 6 different rock baths for soaking. It is just unbelievable. It is very modestly developed ($19 a day for access -- though there were some much more pricey amenities, massages, etc). But for the $19 I soaked in all of the pools all day and I think I felt bumps and kinks from rugby 20 years ago leaving my body. This is a place I will go back to. There is some kind of magic in the water and it has been coming out of these rocks for at least (recorded site) 2000 years. Ahhhhhhhh!

No comments: