03 November 2008

Missing, Massacres, Lakes


Red Mountain near Silverton CO where all of the billions in silver was mined.


I thought I would include this poster as a photo just in case I see him, or something like that.



It would not be the old mountain west without a massacre site. Apparently Al and his friends got lost in the mountains during a blizzard and, surprise, he killed them and ate them. What is even more amazing to me than this specific event is how anyone ever crossed these mountains in any winter, let alone cross them often, set up towns, etc... The terrain is so rugged, even today, that it is just not conceivable to me people could survive this wilderness.


Al' Massacre site


Lake San Cristobal, SanJuan Mountains

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

FYI: The cafeteria at the Univ. of Colorado Boulder is named "The Alfred Packer Cafeteria."

Just be careful when ordering lady fingers; they tend to be a bit bony at times.

Anonymous said...

Funny you should come across a massacre, as I stood on the sideline at Founders for one Saturday as well...

Return my calls and let me know you are still alive. If you are barely clinging to life and can only text: Send your PIN...