02 November 2008

SuperVan and Kryptonite Deer







Ouch. I am hurt some, the deer I obliterated is hurt a lot....the van...we'll see on Monday.

About 10 deer came bounding on to the road. The very nice people in the cabin next to the road said they were being chased by a dog. I did not see the mutt.

So, I'll be spending a few days in Montrose CO sorting this one out. All part of the adventure.

I should note that the superman emblem on the front of the van remained in tact. I don't know why the airbag did not fire.

And, as has been the karma of this trip, the wreck happened 200 yards from the cabin of John "Grammy Man" Billings and his wife Robin Meiklejohn. They took me into their home, helped me get the right phone calls made, and served as generous, hospitable folks of the best ilk.

John, it turns out, actually makes the bronze molds into which he pours an alloy, to make all of the Grammy trophies. It is just a very, very interesting world.

4 comments:

Drew said...

I am glad you are ok. The Air bag did not go off because the deer missed the bumper they are too tall for that. Lucky for you the damage looks worse than it is. Unlucky for you it will take a while to get it fixed.

Drew said...

http://www.billingsartworks.com

Anonymous said...

Glad you are okay; maybe that Canadian eagle still has it out for you. You may have to watch your back when you get back to W.PA - word may have reached the urban herds.
The kids loved seeing the pictures of Arches NP to go with their shirts.
Talk to you soon! Hope you get back on the road again soon.

Anonymous said...

Stupid deer. I hope you ate road kill for dinner that night.

Squish