07 November 2008

Lattitude, lunch friends, sad pooch


What a difference a few degrees in latitude makes. This is the same Rio Grande River I saw freezing a few strokes north. This is in Socorro NM


I shared my roadside lunch with the grasshopper who was kind enough to sit still, eventually, for a photo.


I gave some of my tuna to these red ants and they took it to wherever they go down that hole. I am fairly confident, given my luck with animals, that these were the kind of red ants who bite. I gave them food instead of finding out.


It can't get much better than a roadside meal in a lava desert in New Mexico...especially when shared with grasshoppers and ants.


I came across this little pooch in the middle of the road on a stretch of highway that was a million miles from anywhere. Unless he knew a shortcut over the hills I don't think he was in a good place. I stopped and offered him a carrot and some sunflower seeds. He accepted neither and kept moving down the road.

2 comments:

My Life said...

The white sand is incredible! You look like you are on a different planet. I see you like Miracle Whip ... ;) You should have given the sad pooch something more appetizing for a pooch ...

Unknown said...

So you left poor old Slumgullion out in the wild because he refused to eat his carrots? Some dog owner you are...