10 October 2008

Bald Eagle - Canadian or American



I was on Ontario Rt 11 when I came across this eagle. I turned around to go back and take a picture. The photo does not even look real, but he/she was right there in front of me with a catch in talon that was a very large raccoon, a lion or a zebra. When I tried to get closer for a better photo, including the prey, he/she lurched forward and I panicked like a child. I think I threw the camera, but I tried to squeeze off another shot before I attempted to hide under the van. Hence the second shot in this posting. I am quite certain that the eagle screeched at me in eagle, english or french canadian.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you were in Canada, it better have screeched in English AND French...

Anonymous said...

remember the vicious bunny from Monty Python? I know this is more scary than that, but the story reminded me of that...