15 October 2008

Camper Van Maybob VIII





Home away from home, or maybe home! I arrived at the Yellowstone Madison Camping are, west side of the park, at about 2 in the afternoon so I could set up, hike, eat bison meat, and enjoy the day. There are so few people here that the camp ranger gave me a spot in the very back of the campground that over looks a river and a cliff face. I may not leave this spot, well eventually, but not too soon.

I can't imagine life getting much better than sitting typing these silly blogs at a campsite in Yellowstone, good cigar (thanks Steve F) and load of firewood for the night.

I did notice that I did have a visitor in my area, across the road from my site in a meadow. I think he smelled the buffalo stew. This coyote was close enough that I figured he could get to me before I jumped in the van and closed the doors, or even under the van, so I explained to him that I was not, honestly, harassing the eagle back in Canada and that maybe we could just get along. He had no reaction, but I think he might be back tonight. The ranger warned me that because the park was so empty that I should lock my food in the van or in the "bearlocker" strong box next to the camp site. He did not tell me the 'yotes would be out at dinner time.

No comments: