19 October 2008

Crossing from Oregon to California




On 10/18/08 I crossed from Oregon into California. Thank you Oregon, great visit. The crossing was as good as all of the rest. Lots of climbs, lots of trees, even this one very independent yellow tree amongst all of the power full green.

I realized today how convenient the Garmin is when you are traveling randomly. Because it was not in my budget, and because I only ever used a navigator, maybe 3 times, I was not to bring Garmin along. Neighbor Fran explained to me that I was crazy if I did not use this particular technology. The last time I knew about the prices of these things I spent something like $600 on a gift. That amount is not in the Comet Journey budget. Fran explained how inexpensive they have become. More than once it has rescued, well not rescued, but helped me when I just chose to drive down any random road.

And I need to remember to get friend Jerry/Keystone a cheap t-shirt or some similarly cheap trinket for showing me how to set up this blogsite on google. I still think the word blog sounds like a toilet issue, but it works.

No comments: