17 October 2008

Essential Supplies


Daughter Mary and friend Laura asked me who is taking the pictures. It is a very scientific and professional process. Whenever I can, I had the camera to somebody and ask them to shoot. More than once I have seen quizzical expressions by my guest photogs wondering why this was an interesting photo.

Other times I use my trusty and invaluable cheap little road tripod.

That got me to thinking what supplies I consider critical for this trip, so, while taking an hour break at a beautiful rest area at Blacks Creek I decided to inventory and photograph my essentials.

The two bottles are clearly marked to prevent the driver from reaching for the wrong bottle at the wrong time for the wrong purpose. Apples are a must, of course, as are seeds, a good knife (not sure for what, certainly not fighting bears), a marker (there is always something to mark) a notebook, a pencil, the tripod (and of course the camera which I could not figure out how to photograph -- a conundrum) and my ever faithful 40 year old Council of Chief Indian beads that I received at Camp Soles, well, 40 years ago. I can't more about the beads because they are secret and brother Dennis knows nothing about the beads or where the ceremony took place....oh and, most certainly, my superman hat which is about as old as the beads.

No comments: