22 October 2008

Out of the Mountains


Wild Grapes, what would I know to to with them if I did pick them, but beautiful nonetheless.

This tree burned centuries ago and has been used as shelter by native americans, american soldiers and now american and international tourists.


Today, Oct. 22, I am leaving this part of the Sierra Mountains. As I believe about most things in life, personal preferences are important. I think Yosemite was spectacular (and so did Ansel Adams whose museum is there) but I preferred Redwood National Forest; Sequoia National Forest and Kings Canyon National Forest. No judgment here and I respect every other opinion, I just found the solitude of the latter, and power of the great trees, more inspiring. This morning I am sitting in front of a post office in Lyndsay California deciding where to go next. Death Valley is within striking distance, as is a wonderful invite by friends Paul M. and Sean K., but so is San Diego where I will visit nephew Omar to shower (yes, it is time) do some laundry and get a dose of family. Won't decide until I get behind the wheel, follow the comet I will.


This is not a llama, it is the other animal that looks like a llama, but is not. I can't think of the name of it, but it was behind a fence and I felt relatively safe from attack so I took its picture.

5 comments:

Hank said...

Alpaca, perhaps?

Anonymous said...

judging from the long neck I'd guess a baby giraffe?

Anonymous said...

Its an ostrich dude...

Follow the Comet said...

It is an Alpaca, that's it. Thanks Henry

Anonymous said...

Alpaca
Droogle says.
Orange County Alpaca
No joke sounds like a I've got one for discovery channel....
Looks like a nice Alpaca farm

Droogle.......