26 October 2008

Mexico 2


Right on the edge of the Sonora Desert there was a watermelon field with big irrigation pumps and a pool where this pretty Herron was minding his/her own business, and was polite enough to pose.


At one of the rest areas I found a trail that wound its way into the desert, but I went no further than this point, and I decided this was not a good place to camp.


Then there is this side of Tijuana, which gives the place, I think, a undeserved general bad rap. I do think this was a creative, or not, name for this joint. I chose to not go in and find out.


Somewhere there are a lot of not so happy chickens. There were dozens of these trailers on the road, all empty at the time. Pollo anyone?


Until I am proven wrong I think this was a Magpie bird sitting comfortably on this cactus.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Why is it that you are traveling the world, viewing all sorts of scary warning signs about animals, but only seeing things like dogs and birds....and I am back in good old Pennsylvania with a basement full of snakes. Shedding snakes, now dead snakes...perhaps I should go west and you should come here?