23 October 2008

Some Things I want to remember from California



I wonder how important it was to this person to get their message out there that they took the time to scratch it into a gnarly toilet seat with a knife, at a fairly nasty rest stop bathroom. That is all I want to think about this.



October 23 and 93 f. I think I miss fall, but I think I like warm weather.



This is a country of warning signs. I was actually amazed at the detail offered in this sign. This was at a rest stop. If I had young kids with me and read this sign pulling in, I would have made them hold it, or use the emergency car potty, and I would have driven forward.



Seagulls are wildlife too, they just choose more interesting perches.



I don't know what in the heck this was, but they looked like bears, and I have great respect for bears....fear of even....so I took the shot.

And, I cast my vote via absentee ballot today. I was not sure I was going to be able to pull it off as PA is a bit tricky, but I did it. I exercised my right and the election is over for me. For what it is worth, the new president, who I will support, will spend 98 cents of every federal dollar the same way the current and past presidents did. There is not really an option. No matter who sits in the office, no matter the party, the budget still goes to military, crime, education, health care. The elections are about that last 2 cents of every federal dollar....not an insignificant amount, but to me the choice comes down to personality and morale. I say voters should pick the person they like and not the policies. The policies will sort themselves out. Both parties have fought equal wars, worked on race and gender, struggled with health care and education , and debate taxes. That is my 2 cents, my election is over.

4 comments:

My Life said...

Sean,

Since you are planning on going through AZ on your way back, you may want to stop and see:

Canyon de Chelly National Monument
Box 588
Chinle, Arizona 86503
(928) 674-5500

Mom added that that is the one place on earth she wants to see before she passes from this earth .. must be something as she is pretty well traveled ..

:)

Anonymous said...

And that's why I voted for Dan Gurney for president... 1967 Car and Driver Candidate.

Anonymous said...

This assumes, of course, that the only important thing that a president does is create/sign budgets. Clearly, they often don't even have much control over that. Nonetheless, the centralization of political power in the executive branch over the course of the 20th century has made presidents more important, not less. That being said, voting (even though I plan to do it) is the least efficacious way of creating change . . .

Andrae

MethodShop.com said...

what did the carved up toilet say?