27 October 2008

Hohokam Casa Grande, Joshua Trees


Picacho Peak, north of Tucson, pretty striking.


The Joshua Tree Parkway....they were named, I learned, by Mormon Pioneers after the biblical figure. I do know there are a lot of them.


This Suhuaro Cactus is reputed to be 200+ years old, way, way older than the, now getting cooked by the sun, gringo who leaned against it to see if it was indeed prickly. It was.


I have not yet located the worlds largest ball of string, but I did find Casa Grande National Monument in Coolidge, AZ. More stuff I learned....this is the largest Hohokam Indian building ever discovered and it is dated to 1200 ad. Just one of those places that I saw a sign for, 75 miles of track, if there is a track, and I liked it.

1 comment:

My Life said...
This comment has been removed by the author.