17 October 2008

Rolling Across Idaho






I certainly did not know much about Idaho, so I was not surprised to find more things I did not know.....such as the fact the this part of Idaho, Blacks Creek, has a very large Basque community. I do know, via friend Bino's hiking experience in the north of Spain, that you don't want to camp in a Basque farmer's field without permission. I am at a rest area so I think I will be ok, I think.

These cows were standing at the base of this huge wall of hay/straw? and all I could think of is how long it was going to take them to eat the whole thing. They were giving it a yeoman's effort I will say that.

Anyone who has driven this monster of a country recognizes these long straight flat stretches of road that travel far past the horizon. And I am certain that everyone knows the trick my dad showed me many moons ago, taking a picture of the shadow of your own moving vehicle. Which is the real car and people. The one I am riding in or the shadow? I don't know.

No comments: