27 October 2008

Hitchikers and Coyotes and subtle honor


I spotted this coyote along the road where there is a warning to not pick up prisoner hitch hikers.
He thought he escaped my camera...and he was not hitch hiking.


This sign appears long, long before the detention center.


Pinal County, AZ Detention Center. It is massive, in the middle of nowhere, and has a kind of a funny name in a pun kind of way.


The flags blowing at this grave site caught my eye from the road, which was about 100 yards away. The grave is in a very large field, with a few other markers, and a bench, about 500 yards from a church. I thought it was striking. I only regret that I did not get the name of the marine on the headstone. I do remember that he was buried in 2001. And, yes, those are beer kegs holding up the makeshift bench. Were his friends there when I stopped I would have drank beers in his honor as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I love your photos..they are really nice...