30 October 2008

Critters everywhere


Smallest, most insignificant critter of all, appropriately dominated by just a really, really big and cool desert rock.


I could not help but think of some of the current presidential rhetoric bantered by both sides about an unfinished road, or bridge, or something. This stretch of highway was no more than 50 yards long, paved, lined and beautiful, but it just stopped.


llama, alpaca, ewok, mule goat? I'm not sure, but I think I am pretty sure it is not native to southern Utah where I saw it free ranging.



The wildlife is not always outdoors. This was my roommate in a very nice little motel. I am sure it was a Utah cricket....I think.


Utah, camels?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see you're not missing many meals on your trip.

Squish

Emily said...

wow, what an adventure. I am just catching up on your blog after being away for a week. If only I would have known that you were somewhere in the Grand Canyon (down there) when I flew over it a week ago.. . Stay safe

Anonymous said...

Dude the shirt!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drew said...

Today we miss you.

It's one of our favorite holidays
the kids are getting dressed
it's 70 deg clear skies
Joes settin up the movie
Frans doing nothing
I am getting the ponies cold
I'll save you some candy

p.s. I did not finish the grate for the fire pit yet so take your time getting home